Getting Started: Samples
Cordova Sample Apps
- EncryptionThis app demonstrates the best practices when using the Akula platform's encrypted persistent data store. It creates a persistent data store using the specified password, then allows the user to perform create, read, update, and delete operations on it.
- SyncThis app demonstrates the best practices when using the Akula platform's synchronization mechanism. As the Akula sync feature builds on top of the persistent data feature, this app builds on the Encryption sample app which is the recommended entry point for these features.
- Coming SoonWe are busy working on additional samples and look forward to expanding this section.
Get the samples
The source code for the sample apps is installed as part of the Trial installer. Ensure that you have already installed Akula. If you have not installed Akula, contact us for more information.
- Encryption sample app – The source code for the encryption client apps is located in the cordova-sdk/samples/encryption-cordova directory of the Akula download.
- Sync sample app – The source code for the sync client apps is located in the cordova-sdk/samples/sync-cordova directory of the Akula download. The AKZ file for this app is located in the server-sdk/samples/projects/sync/target directory.
Cordova sample app system requirements
To work with the Cordova samples, your development environment must meet the following system requirements:
Using the samples offline
The Cordova samples were built with dependencies which are hosted on the jQuery CDN. This means they must be online to work properly.
To host the files locally so that you can run the samples offline:
- Download the jQuery library (the app by default uses version 2.0.3) and store it in app_name/www/js/lib/dependencies.
- Download the jQuery Mobile libraries from http://www.jquerymobile.com.
- Copy the jquery.mobile-x.x.x.js file to app_name/www/js/lib/dependencies.
- Copy the jquery.mobile-x.x.x.css file to the app_name/www directory.
- Copy the contents of the /images directory into the app_name/www/images directory.
- Change references to the jquery-x.x.x.js, jquery.mobile-x.x.x.js, and jquery.mobile-x.x.x.css files in index.html to local references.
- Add the Calendar control