Configuring an iOS Development Environment
To develop client apps, your development environment must meet the following system requirements:
|Type of app||Requirement|
|iOS client apps|
To configure the iOS development environment, add the Akula.framework to your Xcode project.
When using the encrypted framework on iOS, your apps will be about 10 MBytes larger than an app using an unencrypted data store.
To configure the iOS development environment:
- Locate the /ios-sdk/lib directory in the location where you installed Akula. If you have not done so already, download Akula from the Downloads page (you must log in to access this page).
- Select the encrypted or unencrypted version of the Akula.framework:
- Encrypted framework: Copy the /ios-sdk/lib/Akula.framework directory to the frameworks directory of your Xcode project.
- Unencrypted framework: Copy the /ios-sdk/lib/noencryption/Akula.framework directory to the frameworks directory of your Xcode project.
- In the Xcode Project Navigator pane, highlight your project to reveal the project settings.
- Select the Build Phases tab.
- Expand the Link Binary With Libraries section, and select its + button.
- In the window that opens, select the Add Other button.
- Navigate to your frameworks directory, and select Akula.framework.
- Click the Open button.
- Select the + button in the Link Binary With Libraries section.
- Add the SystemConfiguration.framework and Security.framework frameworks to your project.
- Unencrypted framework: If you are using the unencrypted framework:
- Repeat steps 9-10 to ensure that you have added the libsqlite3.dylib library.