- Server Auditing The Akula server is now capable of auditing of all management changes and app scope login and logouts. Auditing can be configured to send events to write only storage to ensure an accurate accounting of the server, app, and account histories.
- OAuth for primary app login The Akula client SDKs now make it simple to have OAuth logins for mobile apps. Most popular OAuth providers are supported such as Facebook, Twitter, and Google. You can also login with your own custom OAuth providers - for example, if your enterprise uses a single sign on authority that exposes either an OAuth1 or OAuth2 interface.
- OAuth for backend connections Can connect to data sources that require authentication via OAuth
- Large data downloads Sometimes an app needs to download or sync large amounts of data from a server. This has caused other frameworks and platforms problems in the past as one of two things would happen: a) the device loses network connectivity and the entire download must be restarted from the beginning or b) the device runs out of available memory to process the data. These problems are solved on Akula with our Large Data Split Processing feature. It allows the server to break up large downloads into smaller pieces that clients are able to fit in memory and process individually. A JSON split processor is included and used to process large data syncs to clients without any need for modifying the enterprise backend data source.
- Updated clients SDKs
- iOS Client SDK ready for iOS8
- Android Client SDK ready for Android L
- Cordova Client SDKs supporting the latest Cordova version will be released separately
- Hot deploy Whenever you need to deploy or redeploy an app scope, you no longer must restart the Akula server. You can now create a new or update an existing app scope by simply uploading the AKZ to the server using either the Command Line Interface Console or the Web Management Console.
- Web Management Console improvements:
- Ability to view and filter audit records
- Upload an AKZ file for hot deployment
- General UI improvements