Akula System Requirements
This topic describes Akula's system requirements:
Akula Server hosting requirements
To deploy the Akula Server, your server environment must meet the following system requirements:
Note: Additional Operating Systems and versions should work as long as the appropriate Java JRE or JDK is available. For example, most recent variations of Linux including Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6.3, though not tested, should run Akula properly. Akula was successfully run in the following environments: Mac OS X 10.8.x, Ubuntu 12.x, and Windows 7 SP1.
|JEE Server or Servlet Container|
Note: This is the internal database used by the Akula Server to store configuration and run time information used by the server. For more information, see Specify the Database for the Akula Server.
|RAM dedicated to the JVM||2 GB|
|PermGen size||500 MB|
|Disk space||500 MB|
Mobile device requirements for running a client app
To run an Akula client app on a device, the device must meet the requirements listed below.
Android device requirements
Android devices must run Android v2.3.3 or later.
iOS device requirements
Devices running iOS must run iOS versions 5.x - 7.0.
- Android native browser on supported versions of Android (CORS supported on v3.0+)
- iOS native browser on supported versions of iOS
- Windows Mobile 7.5+, 8.0+
- Blackberry OS 6+, 7+, 10+ browsers (CORS not supported in OS 6 and 7)
- Internet Explorer versions 8, 9, 10 (CORS is not supported in IE 8 and 9)
- Chrome 24+
- Firefox v17+
- Safari v5.1.0+, v6.0+ on OS X
Apache Cordova 3.0.0 from http://cordova.apache.org/